Thursday 12 January 2012

The Wombats at Rock City, Nottingham: Review!

I recently went to see The Wombats perform live at Rock City in Nottingham. I love The Wombats and all their music, and so was expecting an amazing music gig and I wasn’t disappointed! The support act were alright but not anyone who I was particularly interested in researching further, however I did get there a bit too late to really see and hear them properly. Then, after a while, The Wombats came on! The stage was set out with their instruments, with their logo on them. I do really like the style of The Wombats; it’s very cool and artistic so I was glad to see some of this on the stage. Their performance was simply awesome, they had great stage presence, really good interaction with the crowd, played really well, had really thought about use of the screens and lights which they used to great effect, displaying  images and really using the features of the lights to add to the songs and performance. Overall this gig was my arts event of the year, and so, I am going to see them again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment